Lectures, trainings, workshops
We are particularly fond of passing on our expertise, namely through lectures & trainings.
Suggested topics are:
- Between theory and reality: Damages on art works and the question of devaluation
- Collecting - Love's Labour's Lost. The art collector between obsession and burden
- Leaving behind. The succession of an art collection and it’s challenges
- Help! - We inherit a piece of art !
- Workshop on artists’ estates - specifically aimed at heirs & owners of artists’s estates
Interviews, discussions, conferences
Inquiries on these topics also reach us regularly. In the following some contributions:
- «Künstlernachlässe». (Audio: 06:06 min.) Interview Christoph Brunner (SRF) mit Franz-Josef Sladeczek, Radio SRF «Heute Morgen», 27. August 2018
- «Kunst erhalten? Conserver de L’Art? Herausforderungen und Chancen von Künstlernachlässen in der Schweiz» – Tagung, initiiert von ARTexperts, Sophie und Karl Binding Stiftung, Christoph Merian Stiftung, Schweizerisches Institut für Kunstwissenschaft, Visarte Schweiz, 1. bis 2. September 2017, FHNW / Hochschule für Gestaltung und Kunst, Freilager Platz 1, 4023 Basel
Beiträge von Franz-Josef Sladeczek auf der Basler Tagung (unpubliziert):
«Zur Situation der Künstlernachlässe in der Schweiz. Rückblick und Ausblick» (Vortrag)
«Was bleibt zu tun? – Zur Perspektive der Nachlasshalter» (Workshop)
- «Nachlässiges mit Nachlässen. Kompostieren, kremieren, vergraben und was man sonst nicht alles tun sollte. – Was geschieht mit der Kunst, wenn der Künstler tot ist und sich kein Museum für dessen Arbeiten interessiert ?»
- Radio SRF 2, Passagen, 3. Juni 2016 «Nachlässiges mit Nachlässen» (Audio: 52:49 min.)
- «Sammeln, Ent-Sammeln und Musealisieren». Fachtagung 19. Februar 2016, Düsseldorf, Haus der Universität, mit Vorträgen, Workshops und einer Podiumsdiskussion, die von Dr. Franz-Josef Sladeczek moderiert wurde.
- «Kunst lass nach! Vom schwierigen Umgang mit dem Künstlererbe». Podiumsdiskussion Kunsthalle Bern, 25. März 2015, im Kontext zur Ausstellung «KunstArchivKunst» (05.03.-04.04.2015).
- «Warum stiften Menschen?» Franz-Josef Sladeczek im Gespräch mit dem Kunstsammler Hubert Looser, Präsident der Fondation Hubert Looser & Kunstsammler, Vierter Basler Stiftungstag, 21. August 2014.
- «Wohin mit dem Kunstnachlass», Präsentation einer Studie mit Podiumsdiskussion im Schweizerischen Institut für Kunstgeschichte (SIK-ISEA), Zürich, 17. März 2014.
We ask for your understanding if we do not disclose the majority of our clients for reasons of discretion. This includes private clients as well as those from asset and estate management or from courts and public institutions.
On the other hand, our clients in the insurance sector should be mentioned. Due to the close cooperation with various restoration studios, our expert opinions are based on a broad basis of assessment. This also applies to the amount of depreciation to be determined following the restoration of a work of art.
The list below also includes insurers that no longer exist because they have merged with another insurer at some point. These older clients also indicate how long ARTexperts has been in demand as a neutral and independent art appraiser.
- Allianz Suisse Link
- AXA Insurance Link
- AXA ART (heute AXA XL Insurance)
- AXA XL Insurance (XL Art & Lifestyle) Link
- Baloise Insurance Link
- Berner Versicherung (2001 merged with Allianz Suisse)
- Chubb Insurance (Switzerland) Limited Link
- Elvia Versicherung (2001 merged with Allianz Suisse)
- Generali Insurance Link
- Helvetia Insurance Link
- Kuhn & Bülow, Fine Art Insurance Broker Group, Berlin, München, Zürich Link
- Mobiliar Insurance Link
- National Versicherung (2015 merged with Helvetia Insurance)
- Oskar Schunck, Schunck-Group International Insurance Broker, Schunkhaus Freiburg Link
- TSM Insurance Company, La Chaux-de-Fonds Link
- Zilkens Fine Art Insurance Broker GmbH, Köln, Luxembourg, Solothurn Link
- Zurich Insurance Link
For water, mould and fire damage we cooperate with
- Docusave, 3661 Uetendorf: docusave.ch
In the event of damage to art objects, ARTexperts works together with the following restorers:
- Anja Carol, 3661 Uetendorf: docusave.ch
- Monika Dannegger, Barbara Köninger, Willy Stebler, 1763 Granges-Paccot: acr-cons.ch
- Rolf Fritschi, 8162 Steinmaur: email@example.com
- Inga Guni, 3098 Köniz: ingaguni.ch
- Aline Jahn, 6006 Luzern: kunstgerecht.ch
- Dr. Jörg Klaas, 4051 Basel: kunsttechnologie.ch
- Markus Küffner, Bern University of the Arts, 3027 Bern: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marco Rebel, 6005 Luzern rebel.ch
- Atelier Saveart Weddigen & Schmid, 3004 Bern, saveart.jimdofree.com
WORKS ON PAPER
- Bettina Bünte, D-70327 Stuttgart: bettinabuente.de
- Martin Gasser, 4503 Solothurn: papierrestaurierung.ch
- Simone Flurbacher, 4410 Liestal: email@example.com
- Olivier Masson, Michaela Ritter, 8050 Zürich: www.kunstaufpapier.ch
- Martin Strebel, 5502 Hunzenschwil: atelierstrebel.ch
- Guido Voser, 3661 Uetendorf: docusave.ch
- Atelier Reding, 3097 Liebefeld: atelier-reding.ch
CONSERVATION AND RESTAURATION OF CONTEMPORARY ART
- Marc Egger, 3001 Bern: conservation.ch
METALS, CERAMICS, IVORY, PLASTER, ALABASTER, SOAPSTONE, COMPOSITE WORKS
- Walter Frei, 8355 Aadorf: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rolf Fritschi, 8162 Steinmaur: email@example.com
- Walter Frei (Kleinobjekte), 8355 Aadorf: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tobias Hotz, 8570 Weinfelden: th-conservations.ch
The circle of restorers is constantly expanding, also due to our international activities.
In legal matters concerning art, we gladly refer to the lawyer and art historian Sandra Sykora, 6005 Lucerne: kunst-und-recht.ch.
Together with her we published in 2013 the guidebook on art bequests: Franz-Josef Sladeczek & Sandra Sykora: «After Collecting: Leitfaden für den Kunstnachlass», Zurich 2013.
The ARTexperts website is aimed at people in Switzerland. Persons living abroad are welcome to visit our website, but are not our target audience. The ARTexperts website is subject to Swiss data protection law, in particular in accordance with the Federal Data Protection Act (hereinafter DSG) and the Telecommunications Act (FMG).
Access to our website is via transport encryption and personal data that you provide to us, e.g. via contact form, is also transmitted to us in encrypted form via a secure connection (SSL/TLS).
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA WHEN VISITING OUR WEBSITE
Every time you visit our website, data from your device is automatically collected and stored in so-called server log files. The following data is collected:
- IP address, date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to GMT
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTPS status code
- Amount of data transferred in each case
- Website from which the request came
- Operating system and its interface as well as language and version of the browser software.
On the one hand, this data is used to make your website experience more pleasant and easier. For example, they enable our website to be displayed correctly on your device or in your browser. On the other hand, they help us to find out, for example, which information and offers you as a user particularly appreciate and where we still have room for improvement. We have activated the IP anonymisation function on this website so that no conclusions can be drawn about your person.
The data is stored by our host server in Switzerland. Our hosting provider is cyon.ch (address: cyon GmbH, Brunngässlein 12, CH - 4052 Basel).
Data protection: https://www.cyon.ch/legal/datenschutzerklaerung
When you access certain pages, a so-called «session cookie» is set. This is a small text file that is automatically deleted from your computer at the end of the browser session. This file is used exclusively for the functionality of this page.
You can configure your browser in such a way that no cookies are stored on your computer or a message appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies may mean that it is no longer possible to use all the functions of our website.
DELETION OF DATA
Your data will be deleted or made anonymous as soon as it is no longer necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. Please note, however, that we may invoke restrictions provided for by law if we are obliged to retain or process certain data (e.g. accounting data), have an overriding interest in the data or need it for the assertion of legal claims or to protect the rights of other natural or legal persons. If this is the case, data processing is limited to those purposes, i.e. the data is blocked and not processed for other purposes.
YOUR RIGHT AS A DATA SUBJECT
Within the legal requirements, you have the following rights as a data subject.
Right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of personal data concerning you at any time.
Right to withdraw consent: You have the right to revoke any consent you have given, such as to receive a newsletter, at any time.
Please note that in the event of a restriction of data processing, you may no longer be able to use all of our offers.
Right to information: You have the right to request information on whether and which of your data is being processed, as well as further information and a copy of the data in accordance with legal requirements.
Right to rectification: You may request the completion of your data or the rectification of incorrect data concerning you.
Right to erasure and restriction of processing: You have the right to request that data concerning you be erased without delay or, alternatively, to request restriction of the processing of the data.
Right to data portability: You have the right to receive data relating to you that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another controller.
Complaint to supervisory authority: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of data concerning you violates data protection laws.
QUESTIONS ABOUT DATA PROTECTION AND CONTACT
If you have any questions about data protection on our website, would like to request information or
request the deletion of your data, please feel free to contact us by sending an e-mail to info (at) artexperts.ch or writing to the following address:
MODIFICATION AND UPDATING OF THE DATA PROTECTION DECLARATION
We adapt the data protection declaration as soon as changes in the data processing carried out by us make this necessary. Please therefore check the content of our data protection declaration regularly. If any action on your part, such as your consent, should become necessary, we will contact you.